Classification: Non-Exempt Report To: CNC Machine Department Supervisor
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as deemed necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Summary/Objective: Produce machined parts by operating a computer numerical control machine efficiently and concise.
- Basic Set up and operate CNC Lathes and or CNC Mills and other conventional machine shop equipment.
- Overview and adjust machine routine and operate in order to produce quality machined parts in an efficient manner.
- Adhere to quality assurance procedures, demonstrating proficiency in the use of inspections tools.
- Test operation and fix issues that occur during operation. Maintain records of approved/defective products and activity logs.
- Maintain clean and safe area before, during and after operation. Physical Demands
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, push, pull, sit and stand for 8 or more hours a day. (Depending on F/T or P/T classification.)
- Must display excellent time management skills, be able to work with little or no supervision and communicate regularly.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position may consists of full-time and part-time hours, Monday through Friday, 7:30a.m. – 4:00p.m. Saturday/Sunday may be required during peak business periods and to meet rush requirements. Full-time position may require overtime when necessary.
Work Environment: Machine Shop working environment requires constant vigilance and care. Frequency in exposure to dust, grease, metal shavings, moving mechanical parts, noise and vibration.
- High School or Equivalent
- Technical degree or 5+ years experience in CNC machine industry
- Trained in reading engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, manuals and have basic knowledge of GD&T
- Proficiency in Fanuc CNC Control and G-Code Reading
Se habla espanol.