Classification: Non-Exempt Reports To: Manual Production Dept.Supervisor
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as deemed necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Performs work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of gearboxes. Performs related work assigned.
- Diagnoses, rebuilds and repairs industrial equipment.
- Welding operations to support repairs for production orders and/or repair heavy machinery equipment.
- Performs inspections during disassembly and assembly of industrial equipment.
- Work on mechanical assemblies using fabrication equipment to assist in assembly/disassembly of miscellaneous heavy equipment.
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, push, pull and stand for 8 or more hours a day.
- Must display excellent time management skills, be able to work with little or no supervision and communicate regularly.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 7:30a.m. – 4:00p.m. Overtime, including Saturday/Sunday may be required during peak business periods and to meet rush requirements.
Machine Shop working environment requires constant vigilance and care. Frequency in exposure to dust, grease, metal shavings, moving mechanical parts, noise and vibration.
May be required as needed.
Required Education and Experience
5 years of experience and/or training in heavy industrial welding or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of this position.
Se habla espanol.